Panzer Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » MonkWarrior's Mod: Multiplayer Testers Needed for 'T-34 vs. Tiger
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm by Murkz

» A Look Back:
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm by Murkz

» Comprehensive Key Bindings Guide for WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 am by Murkz

» A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm by Murkz

» ZeeWolf T34 vs Tiger screenshots
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 am by Murkz

» Tuning Into the Past: The Potential of Radio Comms in T-34 vs. Tiger
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm by Murkz

» A tiny mod
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 am by Murkz

» New T34 vs Tiger icon for our modern o/s's
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 7:50 am by Murkz

» T34 vs Tiger Screenshots
    Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 8:20 pm by Murkz

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search

Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO)

2 posters

Go down

Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) Empty Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO)

Post  Murkz Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:47 am

Two New Objects for TvT

Here are two new objects for TvT, the first is just a textured cylinder, the second is the toolbox I created in SketchUp, UV'd in Max and exported to Maya 5 for export to the G5 engine (TvT).

The scale is way off for the toolbox, as I have never used Maya 5 before and guessed the scale. Though these are the scripts that will require editing and creating in order to add new content to TvT.

There are at least 3 files needed for every new object. Two are created by the Maya 5 TvT exporter and belong in the Models folder. The third belongs in the Scripts/Buildings in our case, as they are classed as buildings. The third script will need to be created, or you can modify mine, replace my model name with yours.

The file to edit is the MenuConfig Script found in the Scripts/Editor folder. Again you can edit the lines I have added to reflect your model names.

If there is a why now, I have learned a great deal over the last 8+ years and found myself playing TvT for the first time in a long time. I have a few models I created for other engines that are able to import into TvT. So I gave it a go, bounced some ideas of my good friend Slomo and we got it done!

PDF for offline

Jeff

Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) Export%20for%20max%20to%20maya5
    Murkz
    Murkz
    Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) Empty Re: Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO)

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Jeff!
    You couldn't create mine model for TvT for creation of minefields, it is desirable with a warning board.
    The mine shouldn't give a shadow, because with its transparent texture it will be all the same noticeable. I can write scripts.
    These two new models will bring more benefit.
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO) Empty Re: Two New objects imported into TvT (HOWTO)

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi Jeff!
    You are still living? I already strongly worry, why you don't answer? I hope that with you everything is all right. I changed a script of Mortar a little, now there is a High trajectory and the mine model for Mortar is necessary and for Nebelwerfer the model of a mine would be by the way.
    Respond!
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi!
    There was a miracle and I found Maya 5.0.
    In what format it is necessary to keep the created models, or some plug-in is necessary?
    Teach please!
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:39 am

I am still alive Dr, just busy with my new project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FbDyzeUDG6k
    Murkz
    Murkz
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi Jeff!
    Thanks for video, now there is a sense to study the Maya 5.0.
    Many thanks!
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Jeff!
    Maybe I do something not so but I can't find in the materials G5EngineShader1.
    Explain please in detail.
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:40 am

Hi Jeff!
    Now I downloaded and I established WWII.Battle.Tanks.T-34.Vs.Tiger-FLT.
    In it there is a Tools folder, in the Russian version it isn't present.
    I copied MayaExp.mll in "C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya5.0\bin\plug-ins", but G5EngineShader1 didn't appear.
    What do I do not so? Teach!
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:41 am

I understood!
    I learned how to register plug-ins and to Tutorial it is written nothing about the scripts folder.
    Already at heart it became easier, I thought I won't understand to pension.
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 am

Dr. Foofenshmirtz wrote:I understood!
    I learned how to register plug-ins and to Tutorial it is written nothing about the scripts folder.
    Already at heart it became easier, I thought I won't understand to pension.
    Nikolay

Well done Nikolay.
    Murkz
    Murkz
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 am

Hi Jeff!
    Forgive for concern, but I have nobody to ask.
    In game there is such thing as Collision Shapes, but how to edit them?
    Help please if you know as, otherwise many models aren't present sense to export to game.
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi Nikolay,

I do not have an answer for you, I would think the collision model would be referenced in one of the scripts, or may be the model has to be physicalized.

Jeff
    Murkz
    Murkz
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr. Foofenshmirtz Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:34 am

Hi Jeff!
    Thanks for the answer.
    Nikolay

Dr. Foofenshmirtz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down