Panzer Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ray Tracing Global Illumination
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 6:11 am by Murkz

» ZeeWolf T34 vs Tiger screenshots
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 2:19 pm by Murkz

» A Reflection on ZeeWolf's Mod and Its Future
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 11:26 am by Murkz

» Apologies to NEW USERS!
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 am by Murkz

» MonkWarrior's Mod: Multiplayer Testers Needed for 'T-34 vs. Tiger
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm by Murkz

» A Look Back:
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm by Murkz

» Comprehensive Key Bindings Guide for WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 am by Murkz

» A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm by Murkz

» Tuning Into the Past: The Potential of Radio Comms in T-34 vs. Tiger
A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm by Murkz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features

Go down

A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features Empty A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features

Post  Murkz Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm

Hello fellow tank enthusiasts!

Long-time "T-34 vs Tiger" player here. I've recently ventured a bit into "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" and couldn't help but notice several features that really stand out, especially in contrast to what we're used to in "T-34."

One of the most striking differences is the dynamic radio mission reports in "Whirlwind," which add an immersive layer of realism that's missing in our tank sim. The tactical depth is further enhanced by the ability to use formations, something I've always wished was part of "T-34."

The sight of animated troops boarding helicopters in "Whirlwind" starkly highlights the absence of such immersive details around the Hanomags in "T-34." Also, the sheer scale of the map and the smoother frame rates in "Whirlwind" make me wonder about the optimization potential that "T-34" might have missed.

A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features 53557208667_9241808153_bTvsT HDR 2024-02-17 19-21-48-05 by jeff murkz, on Flickr

The effects in "Whirlwind" — from the environmental details to the sound design — are another area where "T-34" seems to fall short. Playing "Whirlwind" has been an eye-opener to the various ways our favorite tank simulator could be enhanced.

While I'm deeply fond of the gritty, focused tank combat in "T-34 vs Tiger," experiencing these features in "Whirlwind" makes me ponder what could have been if "T-34" had not felt, in hindsight, somewhat rushed.

Have any of you dabbled in both games? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how "T-34" compares and what it might have borrowed from the immersive world of "Whirlwind Over Vietnam."
Murkz
Murkz
Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down