Panzer Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Ray Tracing Global Illumination
Paying a visit EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 6:11 am by Murkz

» ZeeWolf T34 vs Tiger screenshots
Paying a visit EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 2:19 pm by Murkz

» A Reflection on ZeeWolf's Mod and Its Future
Paying a visit EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 11:26 am by Murkz

» Apologies to NEW USERS!
Paying a visit EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 7:40 am by Murkz

» MonkWarrior's Mod: Multiplayer Testers Needed for 'T-34 vs. Tiger
Paying a visit EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm by Murkz

» A Look Back:
Paying a visit EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm by Murkz

» Comprehensive Key Bindings Guide for WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger
Paying a visit EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 am by Murkz

» A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features
Paying a visit EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm by Murkz

» Tuning Into the Past: The Potential of Radio Comms in T-34 vs. Tiger
Paying a visit EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm by Murkz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Paying a visit

4 posters

Go down

Paying a visit Empty Paying a visit

Post  Tvt_Addict Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Ok, I confess, because it was 'easier' I have been playing WOT for months and months, ever since their BETA days. I started getting suspicions about the game mechanics but could not figure out what the problem was. I chanced upon a forum thread in which a guy revealed that he had been studying his game stats, and those of others, and came to the conclusion that the game was effectively rigged. Players think that there is a valid reason why shells bounce, or hit with no damage...but this guy figured it out. The game keeps everyone basically on a 50% win/50% lose battles basis. If you are good...shells will start bouncing and hits will do no damage. If you are rubbish, shells will hit and do lots of damage.

I tested this theory, parked my VK3601H with an 88mm gun next to a KV2 and fired 5 shells straight into the turret...no effect, so I am inclined to agree with him. I have been studying what happens during different battles and his theory bears out, so effectively any skill has long been removed from the game. All of the stories about armour/guns etc is hype, the game is probably calculating your score before you start? It's server side based, so they can do what they want without anyone seeing the code.

Apart from that there are so many fools playing the game that it is being ruined.

So...I thought I would pop back here and see what was happening, I see MMP7 is now available, so if anyone can confirm how I get a copy then let me know. I need to get back into practice with this as well as re-program my games controller, so will need to get it all set up before any battles take place.

Can anyone kindly assist, and are we playing on Gameranger or somewhere else nowadays?

Many thanks

Rob G

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

Paying a visit Empty Re: Paying a visit

Post  Murkz Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 am

Hi TvT,

Nice to see you back here. I long gave up on WOT but some of the guys still play. The MMP7 beta is now the last build to be released, we have worked on 7.1 but hit a wall coding wise some months ago now. If any coders join the team we could pick it up again but for the moment is sits on vase's hard drive Smile

As a team we haven't played tvt in 2 months maybe more. We are playing ArmA2 and some of us WOP or PE pp2-x more than any others.

Murkz
Murkz
Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Paying a visit Empty Thanks for the update

Post  Tvt_Addict Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am

Hi Murkz

I wish I had the programming knowledge, the dynamics of TvT are way better than WOT, I used to really enjoy playing on Gameranger when the MMP was working, it was a shame that more people couldn't figure out how to get it to function correctly.

WOT is turning into a farce. Just loads of kids who play 'follow the big tank' or 'follow who moves first', the others just hide behind rocks or stay on base and camp. just ends up with a massacre, and I now know within 30 seconds which team will win. Rarely do you get a group who know what to do, and when we work together we can win alone. I have been the last man standing on numerous occasions and won all by myself, just by using simple techniques. The kids spend their parents money on gold, buy a big tank, but haven't a clue about what to do with it.

I will take a look at Arma2, and thanks for the PM!!

Cheers

Rob G

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  KdF Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Ahh, The Heady Days of Murkz, Monkwarrior ,VaseIII and the rest of us playing MP when we could get it to work. Yes WOT is dissapointing at times, and If I had not become a Guild officer, I would walk away from it. Nice to see some of us are still around. I always ue MMP5 for the single player aspect myself. Better sounds and such.
KdF
KdF

Back to top Go down

Paying a visit Empty mmp7

Post  Tvt_Addict Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Ok, I just loaded it and hosted a game on Gameranger, I also tested it in singleplayer mode.

Although:

E = Start Engine
W/S/A/D =Change Direction
Space = Brake

and some of the F1..F6 keys work, the rest don't??

The mouse has no effect, either movement or firing, and the keypad is dead too.

Am I missing something??

I created a new folder, unzipped MMP7 into it, and copied the .exe file in too.

Cheers

Rob G

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  ghost Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:14 am

Hi guys nice to see you back
ghost
ghost

Back to top Go down

Paying a visit Empty Seem to have sorted it

Post  Tvt_Addict Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Deleted everything and reinstalled, then installed MMP7, and it is all working.

Got to say, it's a whole new learning curve. lol.

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 am

Glad to see you got it sorted T_A.
Murkz
Murkz
Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content