Panzer Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MonkWarrior's Mod: Multiplayer Testers Needed for 'T-34 vs. Tiger
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm by Murkz

» A Look Back:
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm by Murkz

» Comprehensive Key Bindings Guide for WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 am by Murkz

» A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm by Murkz

» ZeeWolf T34 vs Tiger screenshots
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 am by Murkz

» Tuning Into the Past: The Potential of Radio Comms in T-34 vs. Tiger
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm by Murkz

» A tiny mod
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 am by Murkz

» New T34 vs Tiger icon for our modern o/s's
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 7:50 am by Murkz

» T34 vs Tiger Screenshots
nVidia card user's ... a quick question  EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 8:20 pm by Murkz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

nVidia card user's ... a quick question

3 posters

Go down

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  Empty nVidia card user's ... a quick question

Post  von Kinderei Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

What do you have your AA set on for the best looks/performance ?

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  Empty Re: nVidia card user's ... a quick question

Post  von Kinderei Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:33 am

The reason I inquire is that I'm gettin' alot of tree shimmer and it looks like crap Exclamation
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  Empty Re: nVidia card user's ... a quick question

Post  woofiedog Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 am

I have a EVGA 580 GTX card and have the following NVIDIA control panel settings.

1920x1080 resolution.

Anisotropic Filter 8x
Antialiasing gamma correction On
Antialiasing 8xCSAA
Anti aliasing transparency 4x supersample
CUDA GPU`s Use global setting All
Max pre rendered frames 3
Multi display/mixed Single Display
Power Managment mode Use global settings Adaptive
Texture filtering anistropic sampling Off
Texture filter Negative LOD CLAMP
Texture filter quality Use global settings Quality
Texture filter Trilinear optimization Use global settings ON
Threaded Optimization Use global settings ON
Triple buffering OFF
Vertical Sync Use global settings 3D application
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 am

A couple screns with the above settings.

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  SH_0067

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  SH_0070

Last edited by woofiedog on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks woofiedog ...

I'm runnin' a 9800 GT and my settings are very simular to yours except for the options that I do not have with my card and I'm gettin' tree shimmer ( if that makes sense )

How did you get the MFD's and HUD green ... are you usin' a MOD of some kind Question

vK ~

von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Can you post a screenshot of the tree shimmer? With the 9800 GT you shouldn't be having much of a problem running TvT as I was running until recently a rig with SLI 7800 GTX Ko cards and a FX57 cpu. Maybe lowering the settings a bit could help you out.

Yes... I have a couple of setup's of the game including the excellent modded version MMP 5.0 offered right here. Very Happy

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  SH_0000

One of the problems I have come across is what I call the venetian blind look that you can see in this screen below.

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  SH_0038
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:04 pm

The blinds look is due to tvt not rendering the whole forest, just the front trees and laying a texture behind to fill out the forest. This looks fine in WOV as it is a flight sim and TvT uses the same engine.
Murkz
Murkz
Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Thank's for the information... I find that not all of the maps or locations have this venetian blind look. Over all it is only a minor problem with game play and is more of a distraction than a problem.

Again thank's.
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 pm

In the screen shots ya can't see what I'm talkin' about but the trees look like they are shimmering ... I don't know how else to describe it

nVidia card user's ... a quick question  SH_0001

ALSO ... how did you get the green MFD/HUD ?

Is there a way to make the armor values a bit stronger in the Tiger ... they seem a little weak

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 am

You might want to check out this thread from the Subsim forum that has a member with the same shimmering tree problem as you are experiencing. I see that you are already running the MMP 5.0 modded version of the game from the Tiger skin shown in your screenshot.

http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1347761
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks again woofiedog ...

Actually that screenshot is with ZeeWolf's "Christmas Gift" as it's the only thing I've D/L'd and add to the sim so far

I'll check out that link and see if theres some help there !

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Well ...

Accordin' to what I read they suggested turnin' AA off in the game settings ... as a nVidia card user that settin' isn't avalible in game so should I turn it off on my card before play Question

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:22 pm

With your game video settings try lowering the shadow, forest & grass settings in the game. Also try with the NVIDIA control panel lower your Anisotropic Filtering... x4
Antialiasing Setting... x4.

What are your computers spec's? And what settings are you using with the game video settings?

A bit of trail & error... and good luck. Very Happy
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 pm

System specs :

Core 2 Quad Q9550

9800 GT nVidia 1 gb

5 gb RAM

The game runs smooth just those flickerin/shimmerin' trees are drivin' me NUTS Mad

I have everything turned up to max with the in game settin's ... I have turned both shadows and forest animations up and down to no avail

I'll try some of the card controls later to-day and see if that works wonders ... I hope Neutral

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Other than MMP 5.O... have you installed any of the patches for TvT? Click on the download section at the top of the web page and go to the TvT section.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftanksim.org.ru%2F
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:25 pm

O.K. ...

I seem to have my shimmer/flickerin' tree problem solved

I turned down the froest animations in the game settin's and within the nvidia control panel I selected Anisotropic Filtering to Application Controlled from 16x I had it set to

I have looked at that patch but it seems more for the multi-player side of things ... am I wrong in that assumption ?

ALSO ... do ya know anything about this 4 gb patch I've seen
Would that be helpful to me since I run a 32-bit system ?

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Good to hear that your shimmer trees has been solved... Mint! There are 10 different mods for TvT besides the online game mods and updates offered at the tanksim.org.ru site. There are also a few more mods kicking around also.... resupply of ammo is one.

Over all there are a few opitions for TvT depending on which setup you use... stock game in which you would want the TvT patch beta and Playable T34-76 Mod for TvT. For either ZeeWolf or MMP 5.0 start with a clean non modded game for these installs. Both of these are great packages have many items to clean up the orginal game and really improve the game. You'll have to read the info for any of these offerings and also checkout the forum at the Subsim site for info of what is available for TvT.

Good luck with the game and welcome aboard. Smile
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks woofiedog ...

Where are these other mods ya speak of that are kickin' it around ... I can't seem to locate them Sad

The only ones I've found were here : tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=9 but they all seem to be mainly for the multi-player side of things

I have read that there was a mod out that increased the armor value of the Tiger more to spec compared to stock values 2-4 hits and I'm kaput and sometimes 1 does me in .. I expect this but not with the frequency it seems to happen ... also some option Tiger skins would be nice too Exclamation

Right now all I have is the stock game with ZW's christmas freebie which seems to have stepped up
the first mission considerably

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:00 pm

You will need to go through the sites threads for more info... today is the Superbowl so I'm a little preoccupied today with finishing up with the BBQ'd spareribs and a few other items before the game starts. LoL cheers

But again... go through these sites and I know you'll find the answers to most of your questions about T-34 vs Tiger.

woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:28 pm

woofiedog wrote:You will need to go through the sites threads for more info... today is the Superbowl so I'm a little preoccupied today with finishing up with the BBQ'd spareribs

But again... go through these sites and I know you'll find the answers to most of your questions about T-34 vs Tiger.

Screw that ...

I'm comin' by for the spareribs Wink

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Alrighty ...

I went through this forum and couldn't find ANYTHING related to single player play/add-ons or anything that still had a workin' link Mad

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  woofiedog Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Well have to say my slow roasted spareribs were a whole lot better than the our team's performance. But what else can you say but... we'll have to wait next year.

ZeeWolf was the author of the resupply mod and there is a modified armor and piercing mod... but can not remember who was the author. Most or many of the available mods for TvT are incorporate into MMP 5.0 or ZeeWolf's Kursk 1943 releases.

The follow are the mods or patches that I know of... where to acquire these mods is another problem though. You could ask here or e-mail ZeeWolf.

T34 vs Tiger Beta patch
Lens Flare effect removed
Modified armor and piercing
T-34-76 mod
TvT Sound Mod
ZeeWolf ReSupplyTsk
Tracer Colors new
Patch fixes a problem with the trees
Textures trees and bushes
woofiedog
woofiedog

Back to top Go down

Post  von Kinderei Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Danke woofiedog ...

I'll search around and ask in some other forums and see if someone might have'M

vK ~
von Kinderei
von Kinderei

Back to top Go down

Post  Murkz Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:41 am

http://tanksim.org.ru/off/wfdownloads-viewcat.cid-9.htm

Try here vK
Murkz
Murkz
Admin

https://panzersim.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down