Panzer Sims
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» MonkWarrior's Mod: Multiplayer Testers Needed for 'T-34 vs. Tiger
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:06 pm by Murkz

» A Look Back:
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 6:03 pm by Murkz

» Comprehensive Key Bindings Guide for WWII Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 10:36 am by Murkz

» A "T-34 vs Tiger" Player's Take on "Whirlwind Over Vietnam" Features
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 pm by Murkz

» ZeeWolf T34 vs Tiger screenshots
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyWed Feb 28, 2024 6:51 am by Murkz

» Tuning Into the Past: The Potential of Radio Comms in T-34 vs. Tiger
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 4:47 pm by Murkz

» A tiny mod
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 am by Murkz

» New T34 vs Tiger icon for our modern o/s's
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptySat Feb 24, 2024 7:50 am by Murkz

» T34 vs Tiger Screenshots
TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 8:20 pm by Murkz

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche

3 posters

Go down

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche Empty TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche

Post  Tvt_Addict Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm

The site is now back with German/Deutsche thanks to Hodi.

I have also added videos of real Tigers and T34's.

T34 v Tiger Help Site

Have fun

Rob G

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche Empty Broken link?

Post  HGS Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 pm

The link is not working - at least not for me. Moved? Shocked

HGS

Back to top Go down

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche Empty France Telecom...Grrr!

Post  Tvt_Addict Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:34 am

I do not know what France Telecom have done. None of the sub directories will open on my url. I have done nothing wrong, it was all working ok last week. Nothing has changed? I will investigate. I hate France Telecom! I have been in France since 3 May and my telephone still does not function at all. They totally ignore my complaints and no one will investigate the problem?? C'est la vie en France???

Rob G

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche Empty Re: TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche

Post  hodi Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:17 am

today i tried to open the TvsT help side ... no luck
hodi
hodi

Back to top Go down

TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche Empty Re: TVT Help Site Now Back - English/Francais/Deutsche

Post  Tvt_Addict Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 am

I have a problem, I currently have nowhere to host my sites, I am living in France at the moment, but will be returning to the UK within 4-6 weeks hopefully. When I am back in the UK I can host the sites with my service provider very easily. I apologise for the inconvenience, but there is little that I can do at the moment.

This is the English version of the text from the site. If you require French or German translations let me know:

This site provides instructions:

1. How to get the game working on your PC.
2. How to play in single player mode.
3. How to join a game in multi player mode on GameRanger.
4. How to host in multi player mode on GameRanger.
5. Problem solving.
6. Game bugs.
7. Development.

1. How to get the game working on your PC.

* If you have the downloaded version, it has bugs.
* The CD version is ok. Especially 2008 versions.
* Look inside the CD case.
* Write down the code on the label.
* The code is very small and badly printed.
* You may need to magnify the code to read it.
* If characters are badly printed then you will need to try and guess what they might be.
* The code DOES work when you get it right.
* You can now load the game into your PC.

2. How to play in single player mode.

* Wait for the introduction screens to play.
* You can skip the introduction screens by pressing 'ESC' 3 times.
* The main screen will appear.
* Adjust the video settings for best performance.
* Adjust the sound settings for best performance.
* Select Single Player.
* Select USSR (T34) or Germany (Tiger).
* Select a Mission.
* Select Continue.
* Select Start.
* The game will load.
* The game will start.

3. How to JOIN in multi player mode on GameRanger.

* You need to become a member of Gameranger - It is free.
* Click the icon on your desktop.
* GameRanger will start.
* Scroll to the bottom of the games list.
* If someone is already playing the game title will appear. Click on JOIN.
* T34 vs Tiger will start automatically.
* The multiplayer screen will appear.
* Select JOIN.
* Most probably nothing will happen!
* Click in the field IP ADDRESS.
* Hit the backspace key 10 times to clear invisible spaces.
* Manually type in the IP address shown.
* Now select JOIN once.
* Wait a few seconds.
* Now REFRESH not JOIN.
* Wait. Do not touch the keyboard.
* The game will start.
* Most players host a game in Expert mode.
* Only your tank will appear on the map.
* You have to seek out targets before they find you.
* It takes a lot of practice to become an expert.
* Do not worry if you are hit, we were all beginners to start with.

I select Join and nothing happens - The game does not run

* Note - Do not change the name of TvsT.exe, or the folder name, or the path to the game.
* Gameranger needs to know where the game is on your pc or it will not load it.
* To ensure that Gameranger can see your TvsT.exe file do the following in Gameranger:
* Edit
* Options
* Browse
* Find TvsT.exe and double click on it.
* The location is now stored where Gameranger can find it.

4. How to host in multi player mode on GameRanger.

* You need to become a member of Gameranger - It is free.
* Click the icon on your desktop.
* GameRanger will start.
* Scroll to the bottom of the games list.
* If someone is already playing then the game title will appear. Click on HOST.
* T34 vs Tiger will start automatically.
* The multiplayer screen will appear. Select Expert mode
* Select HOST.
* The game will start.
* Only your tank will appear on the map.
* You have to seek out targets before they find you.
* It takes a lot of practice to become an expert.
* Do not worry if you are hit, we were all beginners to start with.

5. Problem Solving

Change ping display

Open Gameranger

* Select Edit>Options>Appearance
* Remove 'X' from Show Graphical Game Ping
* Close dialogue box.
* You will now be able to see your ping rate on the games list.
* If your ping rate is above 80 then you will suffer lag.
* If it is over 100 then you may not be able to join a game.
* A high ping rate is not a problem with TvT or Gameranger. The ping rate is how long it takes for a single byte of data to go from your pc to the host and back again. It is like sonar. If the host is 1000 miles away then the ping rate will be higher than if they are next door.

Q: Game crashes to desktop upon starting

A: Some Window configurations dont have msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll installed. These files are required to run the game. Download both files from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr71 and copy them to your (?):\windows\system32 folder

Q: Game crashes upon playing intro videos.

A: In order to display the introvids, the latest videocodecs are required. There is a codecpack that helped a lot of people with video or sound problems. The k-lite-codec pack can be found here: http://k-lite-codec-pack.softonic.de/)installing this pack might solve your video problems. Alternatively, deleting the intro vids from the game directory (not recommended) forces the game to skip the vids and fire up the game instantly.

Application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found

That error is caused by MicroSoft and there DirectX development ideals of DirectX9. Reinstall DirectX from MicroSoft's website or find the individual file on their download site.

Chat mode in Gameranger

* It is good to introduce yourself when joining a game.
* Select the key (below the ESC key) to toggle chat on and off.
* When it is selected you can type 'Hi', and then switch it off.
* Players already in the game will say 'Hi' and know that you are on the battlefield.

Firewall

To host a game your firewall must accept incoming pings, Vista defaults to blocking them.

Configure Firewall

Open Ports

You need to open ports in your firewall to play in Gameranger.

To host and join you need to forward ports 25857 for both UDP and TCP

6. Bugs

There is an annoying tendency for people to shout 'bug!' when something doesn't work. Forums are full of people claiming that all sorts of software has bugs. It is true, some problems are bugs, but there are not very many in TvT!

It can be played in multiplayer mode, but via Gameranger the team player system does not handle multiple players very well. Most games are played in a skirmish, where its is every man for himself. It can become very frantic looking for multiple targets when they are looking for you!

In single player mode, there are isolated conditions when the game will freeze or crash. This is due to problems with a tank being on a specific part of a battlefield at a certain time. It is very rare, and easy to work around.

Occasionally in multiplayer mode the game will freeze, or crash. This happens with most games and simply requires you to restart the game. Use task manager if your pc goes into lock down.

The JOIN sequence in Gameranger is important. TvT will not log into a game simply by selecting JOIN. If the ping rate is too high then you will never join, as the data is not being transmitted fast enough.

To see what is happening when you are trying to join, select F9. This will toggle the data display for your pc and the server activity on and off. The data at the top is your pc performance, and there should be a display on the left which shows server activity. If the server display is not showing, or does not constantly update then there is a problem with connecting to a game. This oftens happens with a high ping rate.

Team Games in Gameranger are not reliable. This is a known bug in TvsT. There is a problem linking different servers. Players will join a game and it will either play very slowly, or crash. It is easier to play a team game in Skirmish mode.

7. Development
Lighthouse Productions, who produced the game have gone bust. The game however is still as good as it ever was. There will be no further development or bug fixes on TvT, and the official forum has been shut down. There are lots of tank simulation fans out there. They chat on Panzer Sim . This is the new site and this time it looks like things are going to happen.

At the moment three things are happening:

* The original game is played on Gameranger.
* French teams also play TvsT on Hamachi. You can download Hamachi (search on Google). To join a game in Hamachi use these join details:
Username: Ligue TvT
Password: 1234.
More details in forums.simulation-france-magazine.com
* An update has been created by a team of players that makes the game even more realistic, adds tank skins, and allows full team player capability on Teamspeak. Full details can be found on Panzer Sim.
* 23 Jul 09 Update - The Crysis development has been abandoned due to technical difficulties. A new game is under development using a different engine that can cope with the levels of realism required..

Tvt_Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down